Saving Courses to Your Program Bookmarks
In our online registration system, did you know that you can save courses to your Program Bookmarks so you can easily access them later? This is extremely helpful when you are reviewing courses prior to registration and want to save those that you’re interested in. Learn how to save courses to your Program Bookmarks.
Once you have registered for a course(s), you will receive a confirmation email for the course(s) in which you are enrolled. Information you will need to access any online course(s) (including the Zoom link) will be emailed to you two business days prior to the course start date.
Attendance at any public event involves certain unavoidable risks such as exposure to or infection by transmissible diseases, viruses, and other illnesses (including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and its variants). Your presence at events or programs hosted by The Pennsylvania State University indicates your assumption of any and all such risk as well as your agreement to adhere to all University policies including, but not limited to, those intended to mitigate the spread of transmissible illnesses. As a member of our community or guest, it is your responsibility to practice basic health, safety, and sanitation measures and avoid engaging in Penn State sponsored programs and activities when symptomatic with any commonly spread transmissible illness.
Dropping a Course
If your plans change and you need to drop a course for which you are registered, call the OLLI University Park office at 814-867-4278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a course is dropped at least fourteen days prior to the course start date, a full refund — minus a $5 processing fee for each course dropped — will be given. If a course is dropped less than fourteen days before the course start date, no refund will be given. If a course is canceled by OLLI or the instructor, OLLI members will receive a full refund.
We often have waitlists for some courses. If you find you cannot attend a course for which you are registered, please call the OLLI University Park office at 814-867-4278 or email email@example.com to let us know of the change so we can add someone from the waitlist.
May I Bring a Guest?
OLLI courses are available to members and nonmembers. Guests, age 18 or older, may attend a course as a nonmember by registering online. We cannot accommodate anyone under the age of 18 at any OLLI course or event. Interested friends who wish to register for a course as a nonmember must create their own online account.
OLLI courses are being offered in-person and online. Some OLLI courses will be offered as a hybrid with both options, in-person at the Outreach Building or broadcast from the classroom online via Zoom.
Outreach Building Parking
When attending a course, event, or meeting at the Outreach Building, you will need to use the parking kiosk located near the entrance of the Outreach Building. At the kiosk, you will need to enter your license plate number and a coupon code provided by OLLI. You will not need to enter a form of payment, nor will you be billed for parking.
When you attend courses at the Outreach Building:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your course to allow enough time to complete the new parking procedure.
- Park in any legal parking spot. A handicap placard/permit must be displayed to park in a handicap parking spot.
- Before you leave your car, please write down your license plate number or take a photo of your license plate with your phone. You will enter your license plate number and coupon code in the parking kiosk, which is located to the right of the entrance to the Outreach Building from the parking lot.
- Instructions will be emailed in advance to guide you through the procedure.
- Attend only courses for which you have registered.
- Arrive to class on time and turn off your cell phone.
- Avoid wearing fragrances out of respect for those with allergies.
- Stay on topic during discussions.
- Respect the instructor’s time at the end of class.
- Join early — 5 to 15 minutes before the meeting start time.
- Find a quiet space without interruptions/background noise.
- If you get a message that your internet is unstable, turn off your video.
- If you freeze up, leave the session and rejoin.
- Zoom Webinar:
- Most courses will use this format.
- Video and audio are turned off for all participants upon entry.
- Audio can be enabled to ask questions.
- Zoom Meeting:
- Adjust your camera to be at around eye level if possible.
- Mute your microphone when not talking.
- Try to avoid talking over/at the same time as other participants.
- Be aware you are on camera.
In-person/hybrid courses: If Penn State or the State College Area School District (SCASD) announce a full-day closure due to weather, OLLI courses will be canceled. If a delay or early dismissal is announced, OLLI courses/ events may be canceled. In either event, OLLI will send an email confirmation of cancellations. If you are scheduled for an in-person course and there is inclement weather, please check your email prior to heading to the facility.
Online courses: A great thing about Zoom is that online courses can be held no matter what the weather is outside!
Volunteer instructors are responsible for developing their own course content. The information, views, and opinions provided by OLLI at Penn State instructors are those of the instructor and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the OLLI at Penn State organization.
OLLI members are expected to interact with each other with civility and respect, recognizing that disagreement and informed debate are valued in an academic community.