Saving Courses to Your Program Bookmarks
In our online registration system, did you know that you can save courses to your Program Bookmarks so you can easily access them later? This is extremely helpful when you are reviewing courses prior to registration and want to save those that you’re interested in. Learn how to save courses to your Program Bookmarks.
Once you have registered for a course(s), you will receive a confirmation email for the course(s) in which you are enrolled. Information you will need to access any online course(s) (including the Zoom link) will be emailed to you two business days prior to the course start date.
COVID-19 guidelines for in-person programming through OLLI at Penn State: OLLI at Penn State will continue to follow Penn State’s COVID-19 protocols. We ask that you consider the health of other OLLI members and stay home if you do not feel well.
Penn State’s indoor masking policy no longer requires face masks to be worn in many indoor common spaces on campuses in counties designated by the CDC to have low or medium COVID-19 Community Levels.
As a result of this policy change, we would like to share the following important information with you:
- For OLLI programming in the Outreach Building, masks are now optional. As long as the community status remains in the low to medium level, it is your decision whether or not to continue wearing a mask.
- For OLLI programming in the community, masks are now optional, unless the hosting organization requires them. In these cases, we will let you know in your confirmation email if masks will be required.
Please note that if the community status changes, so will this policy. We will keep you updated as to the impact on OLLI programs. For the latest COVID-19 news and information, visit Penn State’s Coronavirus information website.
Also, we ask that you not attend an in-person course or program if you are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or if, within 5 days prior, you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- have experienced any symptom of illness which may be associated with COVID-19
- have been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, is awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or has exhibited any symptom of illness which may be associated with COVID-19
If you need to cancel or are unable to attend a course for any reason related to COVID-19, you will receive a full refund. In this case, cancellations for a full refund will be accepted up until the start time of the course.
Dropping a Course
If your plans change and you need to drop a course for which you are registered, call the OLLI University Park office at 814-867-4278 or email email@example.com.
If a course is dropped at least fourteen days prior to the course start date, a full refund — minus a $5 processing fee for each course dropped — will be given. If a course is dropped less than fourteen days before the course start date, no refund will be given. If a course is canceled by OLLI or the instructor, OLLI members will receive a full refund.
COVID-19 exception to refund policy — If you need to cancel or are unable to attend a course for any reason related to COVID-19, you will receive a full refund. In this case, cancellations for full refund will be accepted up until the course start time.
We often have waitlists for some courses. If you find you cannot attend a course for which you are registered, please call the OLLI University Park office at 814-867-4278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of the change so we can add someone from the waitlist.
May I Bring a Guest?
OLLI courses are available to members and nonmembers. Guests, age 18 or older, may attend a course as a nonmember by registering online. We cannot accommodate anyone under the age of 18 at any OLLI course or event. Interested friends who wish to register for a course as a nonmember must create their own online account.
OLLI courses are being offered in-person and online. Some OLLI courses will be offered as a hybrid with both options, in-person at the Outreach Building or broadcast from the classroom online via Zoom.
Outreach Building Parking
A permit is required for you to park in the Outreach Building lot. Permits will be sent by email two business days prior to the course start date. If you have not received a parking permit and your scheduled class is less than one day away, please check your spam/junk folder. If it’s not located there, please contact the OLLI University Park office.
When you attend courses at the Outreach Building:
- Print the permit email and bring it with you.
- Park in any legal spot.
- Display the permit face up on the dashboard of your car while you are in class.
- Use the same permit for every session of that course.
- Permits are valid only for the date(s) and times listed and include your unique OLLI account number.
- If you have a handicapped parking placard, you must display both your placard and parking permit.
- If you are unable to print out your permit, please arrive at least fifteen minutes before the start of your course to pick one up.
- Attend only courses for which you have registered.
- Arrive to class on time and turn off your cell phone.
- Avoid wearing fragrances out of respect for those with allergies.
- Stay on topic during discussions.
- Respect the instructor’s time at the end of class.
- Join early — 5 to 15 minutes before the meeting start time.
- Find a quiet space without interruptions/background noise.
- If you get a message that your internet is unstable, turn off your video.
- If you freeze up, leave the session and rejoin.
- Zoom Webinar:
- Most courses will use this format.
- Video and audio are turned off for all participants upon entry.
- Audio can be enabled to ask questions.
- Zoom Meeting:
- Adjust your camera to be at around eye level if possible.
- Mute your microphone when not talking.
- Try to avoid talking over/at the same time as other participants.
- Be aware you are on camera.
In-person/hybrid courses: If Penn State or the State College Area School District (SCASD) announce a full-day closure due to weather, OLLI courses will be canceled. If a delay or early dismissal is announced, OLLI courses/ events may be canceled. In either event, OLLI will send an email confirmation of cancellations. If you are scheduled for an in-person course and there is inclement weather, please check your email prior to heading to the facility.
Online courses: A great thing about Zoom is that online courses can be held no matter what the weather is outside!
Volunteer instructors are responsible for developing their own course content. The information, views, and opinions provided by OLLI at Penn State instructors are those of the instructor and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the OLLI at Penn State organization.