OLLI volunteers are essential to our mission of lifelong learning and bring a sense of community and shared commitment to our organization. OLLI strives to provide significant volunteer opportunities that fulfill member and organizational needs.
Volunteer Opportunities and Committees
- Curriculum Committee - This committee plans a well-balanced and diverse curriculum each semester that meets the needs and expectations expressed by OLLI members.
- Development Committee - Success for an Osher Institute relies on a culture of giving. The goal of this committee is to develop and assist with the implementation of a fundraising plan that is aligned with OLLI’s strategic plan and development priorities and fosters sustainability for the organization.
- Event Volunteers - If you are not quite ready to commit to a committee or are looking for a short-term volunteer opportunity, become an Event Volunteer! OLLI event volunteers assist staff and committees in a variety of ways to ensure events run smoothly. Tasks may include providing or baking snacks, room set-up and tear-down, or deliveries.
- Foxdale Committee - This committee is currently regrouping. The plan going forward is for the committee to nurture the relationship between Foxdale Village and OLLI, providing representation on the Curriculum Committee, and promoting OLLI within the Foxdale community.
- Instructor and Technology Support Committee - This committee provides a variety of technology-based services in support of OLLI courses. Tech-savvy committee members take on tasks such as teaching PowerPoint or Zoom skills, setting-up classroom technology before a course, or serving as the virtual assistant for an online course. Penn State–specific training is available for those with an existing understanding of computer systems, video conferencing, and Microsoft Office products.
- Liberty Hill Committee - This committee nurtures the relationship between Liberty Hill and OLLI, providing representation on the Curriculum Committee and promoting OLLI within the Liberty Hill community.
- Membership Development Committee - This committee develops and implements marketing and promotional strategies to increase OLLI’s membership, enhance public awareness of OLLI’s mission, welcome new members, and build a sense of community among members.
- Social Committee - The Social Committee plans a variety of social events for OLLI members.
- Social Group / Special Interest Group (SIG) Coordinators - Would you like to explore a subject or interest on a deeper level? If so, consider coordinating a special interest group or social group where you determine the discussion platform, meeting frequency, and location.
- Travel Committee - Share your love of travel with others! This committee is responsible for planning, promoting, and leading a variety of OLLI trips.
- Volunteer Committee - Work closely with OLLI staff to promote OLLI’s volunteer culture by matching volunteers with what we love to do at OLLI and organizing opportunities for OLLI to give back to our local community.