The Social Committee plans and implements activities and events designed to promote fun, relationship building, and camaraderie among members. An OLLI staff member will be assigned to work with the Social Committee to provide guidance and administrative support.
Social Committee Responsibilities
- Research and select social events that may be of interest to OLLI members.
- Ensure events are scheduled and distributed throughout the calendar year.
- Plan all social event details (e.g. venue, refreshments, promotion). Note: staff must process all contracts.
- Develop a promotional plan for each event and work with staff to carry it out.
- Oversee each event (check-in/welcome participants, refreshments, clean-up, etc.)
- Acquire pre-approval from OLLI staff for any expenditures and present related receipts in a timely manner to ensure prompt and accurate payment.
- Evaluate events to ensure success and to apply lessons learned to future events.