Attendance at any public event involves certain unavoidable risks such as exposure to or infection by transmissible diseases, viruses, and other illnesses (including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and its variants). Your presence at events or programs hosted by The Pennsylvania State University indicates your assumption of any and all such risk as well as your agreement to adhere to all University policies including, but not limited to, those intended to mitigate the spread of transmissible illnesses. As a member of our community or guest, it is your responsibility to practice basic health, safety, and sanitation measures and avoid engaging in Penn State sponsored programs and activities when symptomatic with any commonly spread transmissible illness.
You can keep track of your courses in three ways:
- The online registration system will automatically send you an email for each course for which you are registered.
- You can print a list of all your courses on one page during registration.
- If you do not have a computer, you can request that we print a copy of your courses for you.
Dropping a Course and Refunds
Refunds will only be given if you call the office at least one week before the start of the course. To receive a refund, all sessions of multi-session courses must be dropped. Dropping (with refund) individual sessions is not allowed. If you registered with a credit card, your card will be refunded. If you paid by check, you will receive a check shortly after the semester ends.
We often have waitlists for courses. If you cannot attend a course for which you are registered, please call and let us know so we may add someone from the waitlist. If a seat opens in a course that has a waitlist, our office will email and call the first on the list. If we do not get a response in 48 hours, we will call the next person on the list.
OLLI at Penn State York is fortunate that our members do not have to pay a fee for parking. You are simply asked to place a yellow OLLI parking pass on your dashboard. Each year when you renew your membership, you can pick up your membership card and a parking pass in the OLLI office.
Please be respectful of your course instructors and fellow participants by:
- attending only courses for which you have registered
- arriving to class on time and turning off your cell phone
- not wearing fragrances out of respect for those with allergies
- checking in with the course coordinator
- staying on topic during discussions
- respecting the right of others to hold opinions different than your own
- thanking your instructor and respecting his/her time at the end of class
If Penn State York cancels classes, OLLI classes are canceled. If Penn State York is on a two-hour delay, the 9:00 a.m. class is canceled, but the 11:00 a.m. (and after) classes will be held pending the ability of the instructor to arrive safely. In the event of a two-hour delay, an email will be sent to all 11:00 a.m. class registrants informing them if the instructor is holding the class. A post will also be made on Facebook. It is your responsibility to check one or more of the following if there is inclement weather:
If you have an active cold, cough, or fever, please stay home and take care of yourself. Help prevent the spread of illness.