OLLI courses are held at various venues across Centre County, making it challenging for our small staff to be at each location. Volunteering as a Classroom Assistant (CA) is a great way to help our staff provide a quality experience for students and instructors. Tasks include greeting members, taking attendance, and introducing the instructor, if needed.
Classroom Assistant Responsibilities
Outreach Building In-Person Courses:
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to course start time.
- Meet and greet members in the lobby.
- Take attendance and direct attendees to the classroom.
- Introduce instructor.
- Manage classroom space (i.e., adjust/turn off classroom lights, notify OLLI staff of any sound or technology issues).
- Wrap-up/thank instructor at the conclusion of the course.
Offsite In-Person Courses:
- Arrive 20–30 minutes prior to course start time.
- Meet and greet members at the venue.
- Take attendance and direct attendees as needed.
- Introduce instructor, if applicable.
- Distribute and collect listening devices, if applicable.
- Wrap up/thank instructor at the conclusion of the course.