The focus of the volunteer committee is twofold:
- Recruit volunteers to fulfill the needs of all committees or projects.
- Research and manage opportunities for OLLI members to volunteer within or give back to the local community.
Volunteer Committee Responsibilities
- Promote the volunteer culture to OLLI members through various strategies.
- Work with OLLI staff and committee chairs to determine the volunteer needs of the organization on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate the placement of volunteers as needed, including event volunteers.
- Determine a volunteer recruitment/appreciation plan.
Volunteer Committee Chair Responsibilities
- Participate on the Leadership Committee.
- Collaborate with OLLI staff to determine committee needs and meeting schedule.
- Coordinate with event organizers to find out what volunteers are needed.
- Maintain list of members who have expressed interest in volunteering, including via the Event Volunteer form.
- Communicate event details and connect volunteers with the appropriate event organizers.